WIN32 SFTP and FTS Success!!!

From: Dan Ledford <dan.ledford_at_retalix.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 14:36:42 -0500

Hello All,

Good news...

I have successfully completed a WIN32 prototype that does simple FTPS and SFTP uploads and downloads using curllib.

Here's the freeware I am using in this prototype:

        curllib 17.7.1
        libbsh2 0.18 (note: libssh2 0.17 has severe authentication problems)
        OpenSSL 0.9.8e

I had to compile curllib and libssh2, using VS 2005, with the following prepocessor definitions:

        curllib - WIN32;_DEBUG;_WINDOWS;_USRDLL;BUILDING_LIBCURL;USE_LIBSSH2;USE_SSLEAY;USE_OPENSSL;HAVE_LIBSSH2_H

        libssh2 - WIN32;_DEBUG;LIBSSH2_WIN32;LIBSSH2_WIN32;_LIB;LIBSSH2_RSA;LIBSSH2_DSA

The only source change that I made was in libssh2's libssh2_config.h where I commented out the following line (because my SFTP transfers will not be using compression):

        //#define LIBSSH2_HAVE_ZLIB 1

So, my Win32 SFTP/FTPS prototype works successfully.

I was never able to find an SFTP example in the curl web pages or in the regression test files that accompany the curllib source.

If any of you want, I can send the source to my WIN32 SFTP/FTPS prototype to this email address (for possible posting to the curl examples web pages). Let me know if you want me to email you this prototype source.

Thanks everybody for your help. I was really hung up in libssh2 0.17 authentication problems until I was directed to a later libssh2 release.

Dan Ledford
Retalix Dayton
Store Systems Development Analyst
800-533-2277 x5353 (Voice)