Re: TR-069 patch

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 16:55:54 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 19 Nov 2007, Joakim Larsson wrote:

> I have worked a bit with a TR-069 client prototype code using libcurl. TR069
> is a HTTP based protocol specified by DSLforum for CPE provisioning.
> Attached is a patch to enable Cookies for the HTTP Digest authentication
> challange as required by TR-069. Since I am not a libcurl developer the
> patch is probably doing some no-no:s but since it is small I hope that a
> more experienced developer could point me to a better way of achiving the
> same effect, eg returning a Cookie in the challange response (401).

Hi, and thanks for your contribution!

However, libcurl already supports cookies fine in HTTP if you only enable the
cookie engine _first_. Your patch only removes that restriction and makes
libcurl automatically enable on all incoming cookies and I don't think that's
a good idea.

You should be able to get your app to work with an unmodified libcurl by using
CURLOPT_COOKIEFILE or similar.