Re: pause and resume download

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 09:59:40 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 20 Nov 2007, Naiem Shaik wrote:

> I was going through the archive and found that CURL is not supporting pause
> and resume in download. Is it still applicable?

Yes, and the last mail on this topic was just days ago (Nov 16).

> Can somebody give me some links if it is easy to implement, I would do it
> and send the patch for review.

The plan is that we support it like this:

1 - curl_easy_pause() can pause and unpause a single easy handle's transfer

2 - Both write and read callbacks get a new magic return code that they can
     return instead of dealing with data, that then sets the connection in
     paused mode.

No code has been written for this as of yet. I'll welcome all help that take
us in this direction!