Re: TR-069 patch

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 11:26:09 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 20 Nov 2007, Joakim Larsson wrote:

> and the "cookie engine" started to work, even though I don't have a JAR.
> Maybe this would be more obvious with a separate setopt in the case, like
> mine, you just want session cookies to work?

Nah, I think having more options without any further functionality is only
making it even harder to find the right options. In my view, this is just a
matter of making the documentation clear about how this can be achieved.

The section in the curl_easy_setopt.3 man page for CURLOPT_COOKIEFILE already
says this:

   Given an empty or non-existing file or by passing the empty string (""),
   this option will enable cookies for this curl handle, making it understand
   and parse received cookies and then use matching cookies in future request.

And yes, the CURLOPT_COOKIEJAR option can in fact be used the exact same way
to achieve the same thing, even if not documented to do so...

Thanks anyway for getting back and confirming that it works for you!