Re: compile libcurl dynamically with cross-compiler

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 10:42:09 -0800

On Tue, Nov 20, 2007 at 09:58:41AM -0800, Tiberiu Motoc wrote:
> Thanks for your replies.
> I just found out that my cross compiled doesn't support shared
> libraries. Well, that was time well spent...
> It also seems that I don't know how to link statically in uClinux, so
> I'm asking that question on the uClinux-dev newsgroup. It may also be
> that libcurl is not compiled correctly as a static library the uClinux
> way. I was looking at other static libraries in uClinux and they are
> compiled using the "ar" utility. I'll see what the uClinux people say.

libtool should be able to detect if your environment support dynamic linking
or not and automatically build a static library using the correct commands
if not. Doesn't it do the right thing for you already?

> And I did try to compile 7.17.1, and unfortunately I don't know what
> the arguments to the ./configure script should be. In 7.14.0 I was
> using --host=arm-elf, but in 7.17.1, this fails with:
> I read some posts on the web (answered by you) and I tried all sorts
> of combinations of host, target and build with no success. Same error
> happens when I export CC and LD.

Take a look at the cross-compiling section of the INSTALL file. If a build
fails for you, read the config.log file to find out why.

>>> Dan