RE: Library issue (again?)

From: Max L. Eidswick <max_at_eidswick.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 10:20:59 -0700

Unfortunately, I have to use our standard tools, which since VISTA's release, are standardized on VS2005 projects. It took us 3
months to shift over, so that is fixed.

We have used cURL over the years and want to stick with it, if possible.

I have the compile and build working fine under RELEASE, but I have to have the DEBUG version working for development. It just
seems odd that there is a problem. The libraries are set to /MT and /MTd for release and debug, but I have tried it both ways just
to be sure.

And the error listing is odd. The first unresolved external listed is sprintf, standard c runtime.

I have checked and double checked the library setup. Debug and Release are the same. Have you ever seen or heard of this before?
There must be others using VS2005.

Thanks for any direction,

Max

------ Rebuild All started: Project: RedPawComms, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------ <<DEBUG BUILD
Deleting intermediate and output files for project 'RedPawComms', configuration 'Debug|Win32'
Compiling...
RedPawComms.c
Compiling resources...
Compiling manifest to resources...
Linking...
RedPawComms.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _sprintf referenced in function _RPV7InitializeLogFile
curllib.lib(mprintf.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _sprintf
RedPawComms.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __RTC_CheckEsp referenced in function _RPV7InitializeLogFile
RedPawComms.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_Shutdown
RedPawComms.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_InitBase
curllib.lib(ftp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _strstr
curllib.lib(http.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _strstr

// ----- snip out a lot of the same type of errors -----

curllib.lib(formdata.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __chkstk referenced in function _AddFormDataf
.\Debug/RedPawComms.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 84 unresolved externals
Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\max\My Documents\RPS\RPSV7Dvlmt\RedPawComms\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
RedPawComms - 237 error(s), 0 warning(s)

------ Rebuild All started: Project: RedPawComms, Configuration: Release Win32 - << RELEASE BUILD
Deleting intermediate and output files for project 'RedPawComms', configuration 'Release|Win32'
Compiling...
RedPawComms.c
Compiling resources...
Linking...
Embedding manifest...
Performing Post-Build Event...
Microsoft (R) Manifest Tool version 5.2.3790.2075
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation 2005.
All rights reserved.
Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\max\My Documents\RPS\RPSV7Dvlmt\RedPawComms\Release\BuildLog.htm"
RedPawComms - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Rebuild All: 1 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========