AW: AW: AW: SCP/SFTP and persistency, bug #1823487

From: Enrico Stark <Enrico.Stark_at_bsgclearing.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 02:34:52 -0600

For the 512 files the connection died 125 times, so in average every fourth transfer the connection was built up again.
When I look on the output, it's a different, sometimes only one transfer is done and sometimes up to 20 transfers are done before it dies.
Unfortunately there is no pattern recognizable, since it is always the same, the only thing that differs is the filename and the file size.

I'm using libssh2 version 0.18.
The test is done with a remote machine, in the same network, no firewall or proxy is between.

I tried again and transferred the same 512 files to the localhost, the connection died only 48 times(also not predictable). But there is a new error message in the output:

* Re-using existing connection! (#0) with host localhost
* Connected to localhost (127.0.0.1) port 22 (#0)
* Channel failed to close
* Connection #0 to host localhost left intact
Speed: 7897.000 bytes/sec during 0.227 seconds
* Connection #0 seems to be dead!
* Closing connection #0
* About to connect() to localhost port 22 (#0)
* Trying ::1... * Failed to connect to ::1: Network is unreachable
* Error 0
* Trying 127.0.0.1... * connected
* Connected to localhost (127.0.0.1) port 22 (#0)
* SSH authentication methods available: publickey,keyboard-interactive

I'm not sure about the sshd version, the output that the sshd gives me is: OpenSSH_4.5p1, OpenSSL 0.9.8e 23 Feb 2007