Re: libcurl.lib linking issues in MSVC 2005/ver 8

From: Immanuel Gregoire <junk_at_igrspace.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 14:16:00 -0800 (PST)

On December 6th 2007&#65292; Kevin Lawler wrote:

> I then copy the libcurl.lib file from C:\curl-7.17.1\lib\release-ssl to
> the
> root directory of my windows project. I have it set to include
> libcurl.liband ws2_32.lib in Project->Properties->Configuration
> Properties->Linker->Input : Additional Dependencies.

hey

i remember struggling with that at first too.
Try linking all the libs (ssl,zlib,..) into your application, not into
libcurl.lib. That is how i do it.
Also make sure all your libs are compiled using the same runtime library
flag (/MT, /MTD,..)&#65292; as well as your app.
Define CURL_STATICLIB as a preprocessor directive (project properties)

For the ldap errors, you can use the CURL_DISABLE_LDAP define in setup.h
&#65288;commeted out by default) or link an ldap lib in.

I might have overlooked something. Let me know what happens.