Re: Fast forward function

From: Georg Lippitsch <georg.lippitsch_at_gmx.at>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 12:55:18 +0100

Am Montag, 10. Dezember 2007 11:06 schrieb Daniel Stenberg:

> We could possibly introduce a new CURLOPT_IOCTLFUNCTION version (with a
> different) name that would support both the existing rewind system (and it
> could get a value as well) and your new fast forward system.

But that's what I actually did, the fastforward function could of course also
be used to rewind.
If it is used for that purpose, it should probably just get another name
(CURLOPT_SEEKFUNCTION or whatever).
I'm also thinking of implementing a default fastforward/seek function that
uses fseek, but this is tricky because not all streams support seeking (even
if no custom readfunction is set).
We could possibly add this default function for convenience but not set it by
default ...
What would you suggest?

Georg