Re: Error compiling apps that use curl.h on Solaris with curl 7.17.1

From: Yang Tse <yangsita_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 21:39:38 +0100

2007/12/10, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> > Maybe some magic could be done, when needed, to also write the socklen_t
> > replacement in curl/type.h and include this from curl.h
>
> It hurts inside me, but I really can't see a way to avoid it. Have you given
> any further thoughts on how the configure magic and header file in the include
> would look and work like?

The magic for this would need something quite similar to the attached
patch. It is incomplete, and besides curl.h needing to #include
types.h most probably other parts of the build process would need
adjustments. But I think it is enough to get the idea of one way it
could probably be done. Sure it can be further improved.

I'm not sure if we actually want the 'magic way' or if it would just
be better to let the user manually include the definition in curl.h
when he actually needs it.

Or even further get rid of 'socklen_t' in curl.h and just use 'size_t' ?

Not sure which option has less cons.

--
-=[Yang]=-