Re: unable to download page from ssl site.

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 11:00:16 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007, sankaravadivu wrote:

> I have started recently working with libcurl. I need to download a page
> from an ssl site. Moreover, I'm working with uclinux. I was able to enable
> ssl with openssl library..

For libcurl stuff, use the curl-library list instead! I'm ccing my reply over
there, please take follow-ups on that list.

> My curl-config --protocols returns HTTPS and FTPS too
>
> And curl-config -feature returns SSL
>
> Then I tried to compile curl-7.17.1/docs/examples/https.c file as it is, in
> which curl_easy_perform() api always returns CURLE_UNSUPPORTED_PROTOCOL. It
> is otherwise CURLE_OK for a http:// or ftp:// protocol.

To me that sounds like your build is not at all built to support SSL-based
protocols. Could it be that you have multiple installs or that you confuse the
(native) curl-config output with the lib you build for your target?