Using libcurl for realtime transactions

From: Michael Peluso <mpeluso_at_acc-q-data.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 14:33:42 -0500

I'm new to libcurl, just started using it in a vb program that does
real-time transactions.
I've used the curl command line to test transactions, now I need to do it in
a program and capture the response.

Here's an example of the realtime transaction using the DOS command line:
Request:
curl <https://something.com/post.aspx> https://something.com/post.aspx -F
"wsUserID=12345" -F "wsPassword=xyz" -F "wsRequest=request message"

Response:
the response message is displayed in the DOS window

I need to accomplish this same function from a VB application.
I've looked at the samples, but I'm not quite sure on terminology or how
this works in basic terms.
Do I use a post and a get, or just a get?
Which sample is closest to what I'm doing? SSL Get?

Thanks in advance.