Re: Using new Visual C++ 2008 and Windows SDK

From: Mateusz Loskot <mateusz_at_loskot.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 06:05:30 +0100

Cory Nelson wrote:
> On Dec 18, 2007 6:54 PM, Mateusz Loskot <mateusz_at_loskot.net> wrote:
>> In other words, if I want to build software *for* Windows XP SP2 using
>> Windows SDK and I build it *under* Windows XP SP2, I'd expect the
>> Windows SDK is configured with WINVER=0X0502, but not 0x600 what makes
>> my build targetting to Vista, in fact.
>
> 0x502 is the value for Server 2003, not XP.

0x0502 is value for Windows Server 2003 with SP1 *and*
Windows XP with SP2.
Plain Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP use 0x0501.

> If you want a specific service pack you need to use the new
> NTDDI_VERSION available in the Vista SDK.

This macro is not required but recommended as preferred.
Macros _WIN32_WINNT and WINVER have been marked as legacy in Windows SDK
and Visual C++ 2008.

Cheers

--
Mateusz Loskot