RE: Using libcurl for realtime transactions

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 16:16:43 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 19 Dec 2007, Michael Peluso wrote:

Please don't top-post.

> I'm not hung up on the VB terminology, I needed help with http/libcurl
> concepts. For example, what is a multi-part formpost and why do you suggest
> that?

We "suggested" that because you asked about a curl command line that used -F
and -F implies multi-part formpost. A multi-part formpost is what is described
in RFC1867: http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1867.html, most frequently used by
sites/browsers to do file uploads using forms.

> I thought it would be as simple as building a string similar to the command
> line I used, using libcurl to send it and get the response?

Not quite, but almost. See curl_formadd().

> Given the postit2 example, how do I capture the response?

With a write callback, that's how you capture all responses.