Re: libproxy summary

From: Mohun Biswas <m_biswas_at_mailinator.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 19:02:01 -0500

Nathaniel McCallum wrote:
> 3. License (LGPL) - There is no legal problem, and LGPL
> doesn't "upgrade" MIT. I'm open to re-licencing if there
> is real need.

The concern that I (as a libcurl user, not a committer) have with this
is that an app can't link statically with LGPL libs unless it is also
*GPL. I currently link statically with libcurl, so if in some way
libcurl became tightly enough bonded with libproxy that I couldn't do
static links any more, that would be a big problem.

I take no stance on the other issues since they don't affect me and I
have no relevant expertise.

MB