Re: [ANN] libproxy 0.2

From: Nathaniel McCallum <npmccallum_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 15:00:02 -0500

On Dec 21, 2007 10:12 AM, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:
> Sure, libcurl encourages applications to re-use the easy handles as far as
> possible so for most uses it shouldn't have to re-scan for proxy config, but
> we need to consider the worst-case scenarios if we're thinking of introducing
> this approach by default. Do note that libcurl is in general using options as
> opt-in, doing the bare minimum by default and basically always asking the user
> to select the more fancy behaviour which also kind of implies that automatic
> proxy detection would need to be enabled explicitly to follow the libcurl API
> tradition.

I'm not arguing for "on by default" at all, not until libproxy is
proven reliable and efficient. I'm only arguing:
1. For adding libproxy support to libcurl (off by default @ compile time)
2. That it is too early to argue for or against libproxy "on by
default", so both should be planned for

I think such is reasonable...

Nathaniel