Re: [ANN] libproxy 0.2

From: Nathaniel McCallum <npmccallum_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 14:41:54 -0500

On Dec 21, 2007 5:32 AM, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:
> I also want to stress that libcurl by design has no data that survives between
> different handles[*] so if libcurl would use libproxy to scan/detect for what
> proxy to use, it MUST do it again every time a new handle is created and used.
> And for the PAC case, you need to push the URL trough a javascript engine to
> get a proxy out and that just can't be a swift operation...

I too thought JavaScript would be a slow operation. Its just not slow
enough to be noticible in real life tests (including multi-thousand
http requests).

Could you not make the pxProxyFactory object a global via _init() and
_free()? This would abviously require the soon-to-be-implemented
thread safety and you could potentally have some lock contention.

Nathaniel