Re: Ranged downloads on file:// URLs

From: Daniel Egger <daniel_at_eggers-club.de>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 18:40:52 +0100

On 28.12.2007, at 12:38, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> No, it's not really intentional. I think it's just a case of nobody
> ever tried it and we have no test case testing it...

Strange, that works just like dd but with a sane syntax. I haven't
tried either but coming to think of it I find that pretty useful.

> It should already work, but apparently it doesn't...

Only resume_from was implemented.

>> Would be a patch to implement this feature likely be accepted?

> Yes it would. Bonus points would be handed out if the patch also
> provides one or more test cases for the feature! ;-)

I need to figure out how the testcases work, then it should be easy to
supply them.

Meanwhile here's a patch that implements this feature (and was tested
manually by me. :))

Unfortunately it almost duplicates the range parsing from the FTP code;
this should be factored out IMHO, the rest is pretty trivial.

Please let me know what you think about it.

Servus,
       Daniel

  • application/octet-stream attachment: patch