Uploading to folder with permissions 766

From: Bryan Hansen <bhansen_at_ubermind.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 17:36:31 -0800

Hello,

I am trying to find out if curl is able to upload to a directory with
permissions set at 766 for someone not the owner. It seems like it
should be possible based on the definition of those permissions, but
curl fails with:

curl: (9) Uploaded unaligned file size (0 out of 134985 bytes)

I think this may be because curl cannot confirm that data arrived
safely.

It is possible however to upload using a tool like Transmit (mac) to
a folder with these permissions successfully. Why is curl unable to
do this?

Bryan