Re: Seek function

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 15:04:08 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 10 Jan 2008, Georg Lippitsch wrote:

Uhm, sorry for polluting the library list wite curl tool talk but it is
related to the new seek function.

> You could define your own seek function that uses fseek multiple times like
> this (not tested, but AFAIK should work with Windows):

Yeah, or I can bite the bullet and just proceed with replacing
fopen/fread/fseek/fclose with open/read/lseek/close...

I did that now and committed. This should make most systems able to seek with
one single seek, and only strange systems on which lseek() seeks 32bit while
curl_off_t is 64bit need multiple seeks. I'm actually not even sure these
systems exist, since the only one I know of is Windows and I made the code do
an exception for that.

I committed my code now so the curl tool uses SEEKFUNCTION.