Error: Cannot resolve localhost

From: weiping guo <weiping_guo_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 11:52:24 -0800 (PST)

Hi All,

I need some help on this problem.
I have a very simple program to post some data to webpage in the localhost.

I have the following code snippet:
if( !this->curl_init_)
{
  curl_global_init(CURL_GLOBAL_ALL);
  this-> curl_init_ = true;
}
conn = curl_easy_init();
if( conn == NULL )
{
  return -1;
}
CURLcode code;
code = curl_easy_setopt(conn, CURLOPT_ERRORBUFFER, this->error_buffer_);
if( code != CURLE_OK )
{
  return -1;
}

//composite the requested url
//http://127.0.0.1:8000/connector

char url[REQUEST_LEN*2];
memset(url,0, REQUEST_LEN*2);
int n = sprintf(url, "http://%s:%d/%s?%s", this->ip_, this->port_, this->url_, request);

code = curl_easy_setopt(conn, CURLOPT_URL, url);
if( code != CURLE_OK )
{
  return -1;
}

code = curl_easy_perform(conn);
curl_easy_cleanup(conn);

However, I got the error code CURLE_COULDNT_RESOLVE_HOST. This error is happened if this function is called for the first time. The subsequent calls would be all right.

I do not know how to make it work for the first call. I am currently using an ugly workaround, ‘call this function in the constructor’.
Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks.
Weiping

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs