RE: Problem facing to compilinglibcurl on VDSP4.5

From: Gary Maxwell <gmaxwell_at_casabi.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 10:12:57 -0800

Can it
> is
> > possible to make it VDK (LwIP) supported? If yes then how?
> > Please help me.
>
> libcurl supports BSD sockets (and Winsock) as its transport API. My
> understanding is that LWIP provides a radically different API to
> applications. If that's true, then libcurl will need some pretty
> significant changes to make it work. You're probably better off
asking
> in a LWIP forum about how to port socket-using apps to LWIP, as it's
> probably a common question there. There probably aren't many people
here
> who are familiar with LWIP on the other hand.

> --
> http://www.MoveAnnouncer.com The web change of address
> service
> webmasters know that your web site has moved

One of our libcurl ports uses LwIP, using the sockets API provided with
the LwIP library. We had to modify a couple of include files due to
target platform issues, not because of LwIP. Beyond that, I have a
couple of recommendations:
        - Consult with the folks on the LwIP users mailing list,
http://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lwip-users , who can help you
more with the LwIP sockets interface than the libcurl folks.
        - Note that the LwIP sockets interface is not thread-safe. This
is not a problem if libcurl is the only client of the sockets interface,
and if you use the libcurl easy interface.
        - Use the latest LwIP library version. The LwIP folks have
recently fixed some serious issues that we came across using libcurl on
our platform (a testament to using libcurl as a network stack validation
tool!).

Good luck,
Gary Maxwell
Casabi, Inc.