RE: https via proxy may stuck when using multi interface

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 23:31:35 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 17 Jan 2008, Lau, Hang Kin wrote:

> Hi Daniel,

PLEASE don't top-post. Now we just lost all context and people who haven't
paid very close attention have no idea what you're talking about here!

> I just upgraded to 7.17.1 and it has the same problem.
>
> When I apply the proposed patch, it sometimes works, sometimes doesn't.

And that is actually better than without the patch?

> I believe we may need to look for a better fix to this problem. It would be
> much nicer if a fix can actually fix the connect states as well.

I read your original email again:
http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2008-01/0116.html

I disagree with the explanation for the cause and therefore also the
conclusion about what needs to be done. Can you provide any further details or
logs or anything that backs up your observations?

Could it possibly be so that the entire CONNECT request isn't sent in the
(only) send()? AFAIS, there's no code to send any remainders if it didn't sent
the entire chunk in one go...