Re: javacurl

From: Guenter Knauf <eflash_at_gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 20:32:13 +0100

Hi,
> On Tue, 22 Jan 2008, Patrick MONNERAT wrote:

>> Please find my version in attachment. I hope you'll like it. I think it
>> may
>> be almost ready for CVS ;-)... providing we decide the module is named
>> javacurl (like dll) or curl-java (like source dir).

> I'd say a new CVS module called curl-java makes sense (since there's a
> curl-perl already). An alternative is to request sourceforge to "take
> over" the javacurl project and host it on sourceforge. I don't have any
> strong feeling towards either solution.
I would prefer to have it homed here.
They at SF have already proofed to be able to destroy a formerly working
package, and shipping it incomplete; nor they care about such trivial
updates of CurlGlue which we are probably even able to handle automatically.
Furthermore we here know best when cURL gets released, and when the CurlGlue
needs an update...
Finally if folks run into trouble they come here and ask - just as Patrick did,
and formerly already others did for other bindings too.

my 2ct.

Guen.