Re: javacurl

From: Guenter Knauf <eflash_at_gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 20:41:05 +0100

Hi Patrick,
> I succeeded running it on Linux (with Sun's Java only): I even wrote
> autotools scripts (tentative) and extended the package with classes
> CurlRead (because we needed to upload) and CurlIO (non-interface class,
> easily extensible without forcing the subclass to implement all
> methods). I updated test.java to use the new CurlIO class.
great!
One add-on I was thinking of is a function telling us details about
libcurl; I mean a JNI function which calls curl_version() - probably:

JNIEXPORT jstring JNICALL Java_CurlGlue_jni_curl_version
  (JNIEnv *java, jobject myself)
{
  return (*java)->NewStringUTF(java, curl_version());
}

> Your makefile has been renamed Makefile.mingw, and slightly updated to
> handle my code upgrade ('hope it still works!). New files appear. Maybe
> you will review AUTHORS and COPYING files.
I would prefer Makefile.m32 to be in sync with the libcurl makefile names.
will shortly review, and build a new Win32 binary for you....

> I bumped the version to 0.2.2 (see Makefile.am).
+1

> Please find my version in attachment. I hope you'll like it. I think it
> may be almost ready for CVS ;-)... providing we decide the module is
> named javacurl (like dll) or curl-java (like source dir).
As Daniel said I would stay with curl-java as project name; however the DLL
can be named different, what about curljni.c / .dll ?

> The only problem I have now is to produce a mingw version like yours: I
> do not have a machine on which I can install the required
> environment !!!
I'll rebuild soon!

greets, Guen.