RE: javacurl

From: Patrick Monnerat <Patrick.Monnerat_at_datasphere.ch>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 11:51:41 +0100

Guenter Knauf wrote:

> ... so if we now decide to change the name of javacurl.c to f.e.
curljni.c we would only need to change this in 4 places...

If we keep curl-java as package/module/srcdir name, I would prefer to
use "curljava" for .c .h and dll name (or even "curl-java", but I'm not
sure all OS support it): this seems to me more intuitive when someone
needs to search or relate project elements.

> JNIEXPORT jstring JNICALL Java_CurlGlue_jni_curl_version
> (JNIEnv *java, jobject myself)

I'll try to implement it.

> hmm, do we really need AUTHORS?

No, not anymore, you can suppress it. Originally, my buildconf file
(derived from curl's one :-) ) used GNU mode for automake: this required
a lot of files to exist, and particularly the NEWS file. I changed
buildconf to use foreign mode to avoid creating the NEWS file, and as a
consequence, the AUTHORS file is not required anymore: kill it !

> here's the new win32 archive:

http://www.gknw.net/mirror/curl/curl_java/curl-java-0.2.2-libcurl-7.17.1
-w32.zip

Many thanks for building it.

> I was too lazy to produce also a tar.gz; maybe you can do that when
you test on Linux?

Does this means you want me to provide a binary distro for Linux ???

> BTW. you should all files 'dos2unix -k *', that's ok; the files work
also with unix lineendings on win32, and beside that WinZip does by
default convert them.

Would do

Regarding hosting: I'm also in favor of creating a CVS module (or
reviving an old one) for this package: SF is not reliable and actors on
this package are the same as those of libcurl...

Cheers,
Patrick