Re: libcurl - Using SFTP over Curl

From: Guenter Knauf <eflash_at_gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 17:27:06 +0100

Hi John,
> Before I try to figure out how to map to the SFTP functionality through
> libcurl, it occurs to me that it would be good to know just what
> underlying SFTP functionality I can access.

> Any help is appreciated!
libcurl makes use of libssh2 to provide scp / sftp functionality.
If you have build libcurl and curl then you can check what's supported with:
curl -V
this gives you an output like:
curl 7.16.4 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.16.4 OpenSSL/0.9.8e zlib/1.2.3 libssh2/0.15
Protocols: tftp ftp telnet dict ldap http file https ftps scp sftp
Features: IPv6 Largefile NTLM SSL libz

as you can see with the first line the libssh2 version is listed if used;
with the second line you see that scp / sftp is available.

HTH, Guenter.