Support for multi-byte character file names using libcurl

From: NAGASEKHAR BHUVANAGIRI <bnagasekhar_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 15:20:53 +0530

Hi,

From http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2005-03/0027.html, I see that as on 23 Feb
2005 there was no support of multi-byte character file names in libcurl.
Is the support for multi-byte character file names introduced in later
releases? If not, is there a plan to have this feature in future releases?
We need this feature to transfer files for Japanese/Chinese language
customers. Currently, we are encoding the file name to a hexadecimal format
before uploading and decoding back to multi-byte while downloading.

Please give me some info on how this can be achieved using libcurl.

Thanks,
Nagasekhar