Re: library build failure for ARM platform "../lib/.libs/libcurl.so: No such file or directory"

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 10:58:08 -0800

On Mon, Feb 11, 2008 at 05:17:28PM +0000, Rob Desbois wrote:
> Same result unfortunately :-(

Did you just change the --prefix or are you actually building in a directory
that has a space in it somewhere?

> arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc.exe: ../lib/.libs/libcurl.so: No such
> file or directory
> make[2]: *** [curl] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/rob/curl-7.18.0/src'

If arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc.exe is complaining that ../lib/.libs/libcurl.so
doesn't exist, and you have verified that it does, then I don't see how it
could be anything but either some kind of cygwin problem or some kind
of toolchain problem. Try running that link command manually and tracing
it with strace (assuming cygwin supplies that) and see what happens when
it tries to open that file.

>>> Dan