Re: libcurl static/static-'/MT' in MSVC, paying for binaries/.libs

From: Yang Tse <yangsita_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 18:24:59 +0100

I have to correct myself part of what I've said above...

> Remember that with /MT you will get the c runtime library statically
> linked into _each_ built library. So if your program uses more than
> one library you would end up with an app that has more than one copy
> of the CRT, with the additional surprise that they don't share
> internal status data.

The paragraph above is only true if you were building a dll with /MT.

> I suggest you that you use /MD to build each library and app even if
> you finally link them statically.

I still suggest this as a starting point.

And remember that BUILDING_LIBCURL must be defined when
building/compiling libcurl library and undefined when
building/compiling/linking main app.

--
-=[Yang]=-