Re: How bad is "Empty reply from server" ?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 11:44:33 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 15 Feb 2008, jérôme Muffat-Méridol wrote:

> yes, premature is true.

PLEASE don't top-post, now we just lost the entire context of this mail and
readers of this mail will have a hard time understanding what we're talking
about.

> Now, looking in detail, this patch doesn't accomplish anything:

Eh?

> 1) It avoids calling failf, which only affects stderr

First, that's not the only thing it avoids since the block both calls failf()
and returns CURLE_GOT_NOTHING.

Then, failf() does not only affect stderr.

> 2) it returns CURLE_GOT_NOTHING instead of CURLE_OK.

Why?