Re: How bad is "Empty reply from server" ?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 22:44:34 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 15 Feb 2008, jérôme Muffat-Méridol wrote:

> I have done the changes you suggested and it didn't do anything new.
> Tracing the code, I have come to the conclusion that the change didn't
> have any significant effect:

> returns CURLE_OK instead of CURLE_GOT_NOTHING . But tracing further, that
> return value isn't used down the line at all.

And that was why I asked. If that's not the spot that returns
CURLE_GOT_NOTHING for your error case, then what is? When I search the libcurl
source code I can only see one instance of this being returned or used in any
sense that could end up anywhere.

Where is this return code dropped then? It sounds like you've detected a bug
if it's not used.

I just don't understand how you can (wrongly) get CURLE_GOT_NOTHING with my
suggested patch applied. Can you?