Crash in curl

From: Andreas Volz <lists_at_brachttal.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 00:24:03 +0100

Hello,

I get a crash sometimes when calling curl_easy_perform() from my
application. Not sure why it happens. Maybe it's a memory overwrite
from my application, because my download function works everytime from
my unit tests. But it fails in the real application. See here the
backtrace:

[Switching to Thread -1242409280 (LWP 22663)]
Curl_http_done (conn=0x83670b8, status=CURLE_OK, premature=false)
    at http.c:1615
1615 http.c: No such file or directory.
        in http.c
Current language: auto; currently c
(gdb) bt
#0 Curl_http_done (conn=0x83670b8, status=CURLE_OK, premature=false)
    at http.c:1615
#1 0xb72c8f8d in Curl_done (connp=0xbf877c14, status=CURLE_OK,
    premature=false) at url.c:4245
#2 0xb72d5d76 in Curl_perform (data=0x8277c00) at transfer.c:2451
#3 0xb72d655d in curl_easy_perform (curl=0x8277c00) at easy.c:492

> curl-config --version
libcurl 7.16.4

I search the problem for some hours without success. Any ideas why curl
crash at this point? This may help me to localize the problem in my
application.

The really interesting thing is that my application works on a second
Linux system with curl-7.17.1 installed. So maybe it's a curl problem?

regards
Andreas