Re: libcurl import library in your devel package for mingw

From: Guenter Knauf <eflash_at_gmx.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 05:46:30 +0100

Hi Tor,
> Ah ok. OTOH, libcurl.pc is a quite small file, it shouldn't be hard to
> manually create it from the libcurl.pc.in. The only thing that should
> change from version to version (unless something dramatic changes) is
> the version, so if your Makefile.win32 knows the version then some
> sed, awk, perl or other tool could be used to edit that.
ok, that shouldnt be a problem then.

>> If libcurl.dll.a is the same as what the autotool builds create

> Yes, libtool creates names in that style. The GNU linker also
> automatically looks for libfoo.dll.a first if one pass it -lfoo. But
> of course it would be possible to just have -lfoodll in he libcurl.pc
> instead for Windows.
hmmm, now how would one differ between static and dynamic linking?
If I have both libcurl.a and libcurl.dll.a in same folder, and linking with -lcurl looks first for libcurl.dll.a, how do you link then statically with libcurl.a ?

> P.S. Here is the libcurl.pc I edited manually for my needs.
thanks, looks easy. Will soon look into that, and repack the devel package.

greets, Guenter.