Progress callbacks in curl_multi_perform

From: mini thomas <mini_mol_thomas_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2008 01:17:47 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

  I have a program which does multipart data POST using curl_multi_perform
  in the same way as docs/examples/multi-post.c(the sample with curl source code ) does .
  I want to display progress of the operation.

  But the man pages say that
  "Usage of the CURLOPT_PROGRESSFUNCTION callback is not recommended when using the multi interface. "

   Why progress callback is not recommended with multi_perform ?
  Which is the best way to get progress of upload ?
  Can someone give me an example for using a read callback with curl_multi_perform.?

  Thanks in advance
  -M. Thomas