RE: gsoc2008!

From: Gabriel Kälin <Gabriel.Kaelin_at_visonys.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 09:04:26 +0100

Hi,

I'd like to add a project idea:

- ICAP

The protocol is syntactically quite similar to HTTP, but uses a special encoding/encapsulation of the request body, which consists of HTTP requests and responses. There are several levels of how much there could be covered by the project.

I'm also willing to act as a mentor. While I'm not yet too familiar with the libcurl code, I know ICAP well. I've written a simple client side implementation myself (proprietary and already productive, but not using curl), but it would be nice if curl could support ICAP as well, especially to leverage the connection handling aspect of curl.

Gabe