RE: Curllib on vista?

From: Jared Wilkin <JaredW_at_vulcan.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 10:34:05 -0800

>Hi,
>> Thanks for the response, I tried using the off the shelf dll (7.18 )
and
>> I am still having the problem where if you unplug the network cable
in
>> the middle of a transmission, the library never returns from the
>> easy_perform call, but this only happens on vista. On XP the library
>> returns with a network error. Has anyone else tried unplugging the
>> cable during transmission on vista?
>I'd suggest that you try same with some other apps, f.e. wget, putty,
etc;
>if you find same behavior with these I would assume a bug in the Vista
Winsock layer.

>Guenter.

After digging into the problem some it appears that vista handles select
differently from XP and the libcurl code doesn't account for this. On
XP when a socket is disconnected select returns with that socket it the
FD_SET as being changed. This is the behavior curl expects, on vista
however the select call just times out. This timeout causes the library
to go into an infinite loop as there is no "MAX_TIMEOUTS" check. It
seems this is something that should be addressed...

Jared