Re: libshh sftp download 0 bytes

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 17:18:51 -0800

On Sat, Mar 01, 2008 at 10:38:39AM +0000, mikep_at_proatria.com wrote:
> I am adding resume support to libcurl. While testing, I wanted to make
> sure that large files (over 4GB) and zero byte files work, but I found
> that the download of zero bytes never finishes, I just see calls to my
> progress function repeating. The reason I posted was to see if anyone
> else can confirm if a download of zero bytes with sftp works for them
> (in which case my code is at fault - quite likely).

I've just checked in test cases 616 and 617 to see how SFTP and SCP cope
with zero-length files. SFTP worked fine for me, but SCP goes into an
endless loop so I've disabled the SCP test for now. But it's possible
that I've just been lucky with SFTP and there's a race condition there.

In any case, there's a repeatable (it seems) test now for someone who
wants to try debugging it.

>>> Dan