Fwd: Re: Close callback

From: Ingo Krabbe <ikrabbe.ask_at_web.de>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 13:13:21 +0100

Sorry I wrote under the wrong identity

attached mail follows:

Am Donnerstag, 6. März 2008 12:14:19 schrieb Daniel Stenberg:
> On Thu, 6 Mar 2008, Ingo Krabbe wrote:
> > Is there any way to get called in a callback (like WRITEFUNCTION,
> > READFUNCTION etc) when a fd gets closed ?
>
> Uhm, what fd would get closed? The socket? Why would that help?
>
> > This would help much in integration with several event loop logics in qt,
> > gtk+, .net etc.
>
> Please elaborate on how exactly this would help and what libcurl interface
> you're using!

Following situation: LibcURL in a qt event loop.

- register several easy handles within a multi one
- do a multi_perform
- read out the requested fd_set setup
- setup some QSocketNotifier event handlers for the requested fd events
(read,write,ex)
- in each event handler I can now do a multi perform again.

With the current state of the library, as I know it, I have to provide a
mapping

        [fd,type] ---> QSocketNotifier (type is read,write or exception)

since, when I see a change in the fd_set that is easily scanned of course I
need to find the Event handler to be shut down, so that the file descriptor
wouldn't stay in the internal qt select call.

If I had a close callback I could get rid of the fd_set scanning function and,
which is even more important I would get rid of the global [fd,type]->Handler
map.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / kind regards
I n g o   K r a b b e