Re: HTTP Post with digest

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 20:52:28 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 6 Mar 2008, Raf Nulens wrote:

> This issue already has been reported over a year ago
> (http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2007-03/0043.html), but we're still struggling
> with it in version 7.18.0.

I have fixed all known issues with Digest and POST before 7.18.0, so I
actually claim that even if may look like the same issue, it very probably is
not.

> POST /mmas/wbe_302S/wbe.picture.osp HTTP/1.1
> Host: 193.166.131.188:8080
> Accept: */*
>
> Instead of waiting for a response from the server, the client starts
> immediately sending the binary data!

That does indeed sound like the wrong behavior!

> The following curl options are set:

For our conveniance, can you post a complete source snippet for an application
that gets this?

Then we can covert it into a proper test case and proceed from there!

> Problem seems to be that when data is received through the read-callback, it
> is immediately sent without checking if authentication is done.

I don't think the read callback should be used at all if no data should be
sent...

> This seems to solve the issue, we enter the readwrite function again when
> the second header (with digest authentication) has been sent.

I can't approve that solution though, as it is too explicit for just your case
and it fixes the effects of the problem rather than the roots of it.