Re: Fwd: Re: Close callback

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 18:01:37 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 7 Mar 2008, Ingo Krabbe wrote:

> Still my critizism remains:
>
> The same socket changes from OUT to IN while the SockInfo is created twice
> with nearly the same information.

But how can you tell this is wrong? If close a socket, it will most like be
the same socket we get when we create a new one (libcurl has no file
descriptor cache). Hence, you cannot determine libcurl's "correctness" by
simply investigating the socket and what it tells the application.

You can of course use strace (or similar) to see if the file handle de facto
is the same (ie not closed in betweeen). Have you done this?

Or turned another way: please provide a complete example source code that
repeats the problem you seem to experience (and please make the code output
something special when the problem is seen), and we could get a chance to
investigate it for real in our ends.