Re: license question

From: Brian Dessent <brian_at_dessent.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 12:03:59 -0700

Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> I think the paragraph that he is trying to follow is this:
>
> Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software for any
> purpose with or without fee is hereby granted, provided that the above
> copyright notice and this permission notice appear in all copies.

Right, and that means you shouldn't remove the existing notice from the
source files when making copies of them. It doesn't mean that you have
to go adding the notice or any other text to any place where it
currently isn't, since those files would by definition not be "copies".

Or are we talking about different things?

Brian