RE: Progress During Large Posts

From: Dan Petitt <dan_at_digiguide.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 11:07:48 -0000

> > Yes, the progress parameters for upload are always zero. The
> > upload happens but I am not told about the progress of it.

> Can you please provide a small source code example showing the problem?

Thanks Daniel, whilst writing a test app for you I got it working and with
further testing I got a situation where it doesn't work.

Basically I was writing a test app that was uploading a 3mb post and this
gave an upload progress. After some further testing, I noticed that my main
app was only uploading 36kb and when I changed it to 3mb, it also correctly
gave an upload progress. When I set my test app to upload 36kb, it then gave
no progress.

So it appears, uploading a small post (in this example, 36kb) progress is
always 0 of 0, when it ought to be presenting an upload progress 0 of 36123
then 36123 of 36123; or at the very least 36123 of 36123. IMHO progress
ought to always give a progress even if its small.

Would you still like the test app emailed to you?

Dan