Re: windows asked for a zlib1.dll

From: Guenter Knauf <eflash_at_gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 03:23:55 +0100

Hi,
> Hi, i've written something else using the getinmemory.c

> there are no errors but when i run the console file, it promts me for a
> zlib1.dll which i dont have. i downloaded the MSVC version of the devel
> libcurl and it doesn't come with zlib1.dll. I've got a copy from mingW
> libcurl but that copy of the zlib1.dll yield and error: The odinal 55
> could not be located in the dynamic link library zlib1.dll. >.<

> So how can i get a good copy? o_o? any ideas?
as Daniel already suggested you should start with something simpler;
and there's much stuff to learn when dealing with external libraries;
so you should try to start with building zlib self from sources since that's a very simple lib which is known to compile fine for almost any platform. Also its important to know that there are a lot of MSVC compilers, and its not guarantied that libraries (DLLs) build with other MSVC versions run properly with your sample; therefore it is recommended to build everything self - and that's no problem since you have a compiler - its only a matter of reading the docu; so I'd suggest that you start with zlib, read and follow the docu, and compile both static and dynamic (DLL) libs; and then next it might be a good idea to build libcurl from source to...

Anyway, that said you can try the MSVC6 build from my site:
http://www.gknw.net/mirror/zlib/

and test if that works with the devel package you downloaded;
did you download the devel package from the curl download page?

Guenter.