RE: Aborting curl_easy_perform if no response

From: Kumar Swamy. Bhatt <kswamy_at_inmage.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 04:55:52 -0700

CURLOPT_TIMEOUT is nothing to do with how long you want to keep your connection. Setting this value makes your curl_easy_perform() return with an error if your server doesn’t respond within the specified timeout period. But be aware that your server may have idle timeout which might close your connection if it connection remains idle for long time.

~Kumar

   _____