Re: [path] add --with-ca-path=DIRECTORY

From: Michal Marek <mmarek_at_suse.cz>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 17:48:44 +0100

Guenter Knauf napsal(a):
> Hi Michal,
>
>> On a related note: what's the reason for the generated lib/ca-bundle.h,
>> isn't AC_DEFINE good enough?
> we tried already in the past to get rid of lib/ca-bundle.h, but failed;
> for whatever reason we were not able to get configure put this into config.h...

Ah, probably this ${datadir}/curl/... -> ${datarootdir}/curl/... ->
${prefix}/share/curl/... -> /usr/share/curl/... expansion in the shell
thing.

> if you however know how to do so then you're welcome - go on and kill it!

I think in the current check the verbatim value is known when configure
runs, because it tests whether the file exists (*) so AC_DEFINE should
work. But for 7.18.1 I'm more interested in making https:// just work on
openSUSE :-). This cleanup can wait.

Does anyone have see a problem in enabling libcurl to use a CApath by
default (if no bundle is available)? I think I'll just commit it by
tomorrow if nobody complains.

Michal

(*) there's actually a bug in that the variable is set to
"$\{prefix}/share/curl/curl-ca-bundle.crt" and not
"${prefix}/share/curl/curl-ca-bundle.crt", so the 'test -f' doesn't
succeed. I fixed that in my patch.