Re: After timeout if server sends response

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 13:19:46 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 19 Mar 2008, Vijay wrote:

> I have setted an option
> if (curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_TIMEOUT, 120))
> die("Failed to set curl options");
>
> If server sends a response after 120 seconds say 122th second,

Then you will never get it, since CURLOPT_TIMEOUT sets the longest time you
allow the operation to run, so it'll return a timeout error code after 120
seconds.

> If I have some other threads where easy_perform is happening, will it affect
> other threads?

Not likely. Only if you're on a *nix and haven't disabled libcurl's signals
and it is within a synchronous name resolve at the time the timeout triggers.