RE: libcurl FTP - directory listing by file mask

From: Alla Bogolubov <abogolub_at_opentext.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 11:11:12 -0400

Dan, Built-in ftp clients on most platforms have mget functions
implemented. You can issue a command 'mget *.txt' and you will receive
all files that meet the mask. I doubt that *.txt is legal as a file name
on UNIX. I was unable to create a file with this name on HP-UX or
Solaris. Also, try 'ls *.txt' or 'vi *.txt' It will list all files with
*.txt extension and open *.txt files one after another.
So far I was unable to make CURLOPT_DIRLISTONLY to do a wildcard
directory listing. This feature is critical for us. Please provide any
suggestions.

We ar ecurently using libcurl-7.16.1 and the actual setting is
CURLOPT_FTPLISTONLY.