[CURL][OpenSSL] - OpenSSL libs and/or directories were not found where specified

From: Viet Le <viet.aikidorb_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 23:55:13 +0800

Hi,

I tried hard to compile curl-7.18.1 but it always files when configuring.
The error is

checking for CRYPTO_lock in -lcrypto... yes
checking for SSL_connect in -lssl... no
checking for ssl with RSAglue/rsaref libs in use... checking for SSL_connect
in -lssl... (cached) no no
configure: error: OpenSSL libs and/or directories were not found where
specified!

I'm running WindowsXP Pro (32 bit) Mingw 5.1.3 + MSYS 1.0 . I've
successfully compiled ZLib & OpenSSL under MSYS with configurations

# ZLIB
./config --prefix=/local/zlib

# OpenSSL
./config threads --prefix=/local/openssl zlib

And then I tried to configure CURL with the configuration

./configure --with-ssl=/local/openssl --enable-ldap --enable-thread
--enable-ldaps --enable-sspi --enable-verbose --enable-manual
--enable-file --prefix=/local/curl --with-zlib=/local/zlib

I found a entries http://curl.haxx.se/mail/archive-2007-11/0013.html &
http://curl.haxx.se/mail/archive-2007-11/0014.html but they couldn't help as
I'm a beginner and the entries were for RedHat.

Please kindly give me a bit detailed hints. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance!

Warmest regards,
Viet.

--
I submit to you that if a man hasn't discovered something he will die for,
he isn't fit to live.