Re: [ 1371118 ] IPv6 RFC 2732 addrs are not fully supported - Using Curl for HTTP transfer over IPv6 fe80 addresses

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 13:31:44 -0700

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 04:15:11PM -0400, Rizzo, Christopher wrote:
> However, per the "Closed" bug I found in the CURL database (see Subject
> line) it seems there is no way currently to use CURL to talk HTTP over
> IPv6 Link Local addresses. Is there some way to get around this?
>
> If there is no way around this, then I guess this email is just to
> confirm what the bug report currently says - that if I want the patch
> bad enough I'll have to write it myself?

I haven't heard of anyone addressing this issue directly. Note that
since that bug was raised, the CURLOPT_OPENSOCKETFUNCTION callback has
been added that you can use (if you need a desperate hack) to fix
the address and do the socket open within your app. But the problem
should really be fixed within libcurl.

>>> Dan